An Open Letter to My Secret Santa
Dear Secret Santa,
You know, it's bad enough that you make me work drive 2 hours a day to work the early shift, costing me over $300 a month in gas and tolls, not to mention the cost of insurance and maintenance of car that I have no desire to keep while living in New York City.
I was also insulted that in spite of being trained for the position by the outgoing manager, you disguarded my application, but still made me do the duties of a manager for 3 months with no compensation, then made me train the new manager, because as you said, "Although there are plenty of trained and qualified people in-house, plenty of qualified people out there that can be trained."
I have brought up these concerns both in writing and in person, asking for a transfer to open positions in the New York office or a change in hours, only to be brushed off.
Despite all of these grievances, I have continued to show up to work everyday and done my prescribed duties. But as of late, something has been brought to my attention that I find downright unacceptable.
When one enters into the agreement of Secret Santa, it is understood that one will obey the rules of the process.
While I appreciate the Itunes gift card, the agreed amount was $20, not $15.
Everyone, included myself, was aware of this when we joined the drawing.
You have effectively ruined the time-honored tradition of Secret Santa.
This is not the spirit of the season, nor of Secret Santa.
If the necessary steps to rectify this injustice, I will be forced to contact Human Resources and/or the Labor Department.
Thank you,
Daniel Weldon Bookbinder
P.S. I know who you are.
You know, it's bad enough that you make me work drive 2 hours a day to work the early shift, costing me over $300 a month in gas and tolls, not to mention the cost of insurance and maintenance of car that I have no desire to keep while living in New York City.
I was also insulted that in spite of being trained for the position by the outgoing manager, you disguarded my application, but still made me do the duties of a manager for 3 months with no compensation, then made me train the new manager, because as you said, "Although there are plenty of trained and qualified people in-house, plenty of qualified people out there that can be trained."
I have brought up these concerns both in writing and in person, asking for a transfer to open positions in the New York office or a change in hours, only to be brushed off.
Despite all of these grievances, I have continued to show up to work everyday and done my prescribed duties. But as of late, something has been brought to my attention that I find downright unacceptable.
When one enters into the agreement of Secret Santa, it is understood that one will obey the rules of the process.
While I appreciate the Itunes gift card, the agreed amount was $20, not $15.
Everyone, included myself, was aware of this when we joined the drawing.
You have effectively ruined the time-honored tradition of Secret Santa.
This is not the spirit of the season, nor of Secret Santa.
If the necessary steps to rectify this injustice, I will be forced to contact Human Resources and/or the Labor Department.
Thank you,
Daniel Weldon Bookbinder
P.S. I know who you are.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home