Thursday, February 01, 2007

The cure is worse than the disease

I quit smoking, not for any one particular reason, mostly because I got tired of looking so fucking cool.

I got the patch, but it made me sick from a nicotine overdose. I'm addicted, but I don't smoke the minimum amount to need nicotine replacement therapy.

I guess I'm was just "situational smoker." I'd smoke when I was stressed, when I was drinking, or after chemo.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Camels have three eyelids to protect themselves from blowing sand. Now THAT'S fucking cool.

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan - Doug Aamoth here. Long time reader, first time writer (also a SportsFaction.com member/founder/hanger-on). You should try Fresh Mint Nicorette. They reworked the taste and texture and now it's phenomenal. Tastes just like real gum. I've given a couple pieces to unsuspecting gum-moochers and they couldn't tell the difference. Don't buy the generic Target or Walgreens kind, buy the actual Nicorette. It's more expensive but it's totally worth it. Plus, you can just use it when you get the urge. That's what I do. I smoked for ten years and quit a little over a year ago but that little monster still rears his ugly head every once in awhile.

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home