Wednesday, September 20, 2006

No Originality

"They say that God makes problems,
just to see what you can stand,
before you do as the devil pleases,
and give up the thing you love."

- Elliott Smith (Before stabbing himself twice in the chest)

Maybe I should just go back to listening to some nice, instrumental ska, like, say, "Man in the Street" by the Skatalites.

Oh right. Don Drummond murdered an exotic dancer, then was interned until his death at Bellevue Asylum.

I guess at this time, I have to turn to Metal.

"So close no matter how far
couldn't be much more from the heart
forever trusting who we are
and nothing else matters

Trust I seek and I find in you
every day for us something new
open mind for a different view
and nothing else matters"

Hmm...that's sweet. Certainly a rapper who was violently murdered wouldn't have any good advice.

"Keep ya head up, Ooooh-ooh child things are gonna get easier
Oooooh-ooh child things are gonna get brighter

Aiyyo, I remember Marvin Gaye, used to sing ta me
He had me feelin like black was tha thing to be
And suddenly tha ghetto didn't seem so tough
And though we had it rough, we always had enough"

Even though that contained a sample, the sentiment was there. Ah, I guess I'll just listen to some emo. It's sad and pathetic, but at least it isn't violent.


"Let me take this awkward saw
And run it against your thighs
Cut some flesh away
I'll carry this piece of you with me
Because all I can say tonight
is that I hate you
But it would be all right
If we could see each other sometime
If I could somehow make you mine
And if not I'll take my rusty spoons
And dig out your blue eyes
I'll swallow them down to my colon"

Yikes.

Music is retarded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home